Thursday, November 18, 2010

End of Semester Summary

What have I learned in INSY 440?


Coming into this class I was hoping to learn about technologies and how they helped business. But as it turns out, I learned much more about the resources available to make business a lot cheaper and more efficient. Many subjects were touched upon this class, some that I understand and some that still confuse me, but I was definitely exposed to a lot of things that will help me in the future.


The subject of cloud computing, I think, is subject that will help me a lot in the future. Never did I think I would be able to create my own website for pennies and not have to be responsible for the maintenance. This to me is the future of online business. I think that not only will existing companies switch to using it, but there will be more and more starts everyday because it is so easy to use.


The blogging experience is something I really enjoyed doing. I got the chance to talk about a lot of subjects that really interest me, and also got the chance to research and learn things that I was not previously aware of. There is still a long list of subject to blog about, and maybe ill continue blogging after the semester.


Learning things in class and listening to guest speaker was great and gave me a lot of insight on things. But what I definitely enjoyed the most was getting into discussions in class. Whether it was talking about cloud social networking or encryption, the discussions were very informative and great to participate in.


So do I have a better understanding of E-Business?

Though it is still very complicated and there are plenty of things I still do not fully comprehend, I believe that I have a greater knowledge about conducting business online. Gaining a much better understanding of what is available helps me realize how I can use these resources to my advantage, and how I can establish a proper business online. And though I don’t think ill be creating the next Facebook, or Google anytime soon, I have a much better understanding of how to start on up.

No comments:

Post a Comment