Thursday, November 4, 2010

Apple - Sony potential merger

The idea of Apple merging with Sony could be, in my opinion, the best thing for both companies. Apple is always looking for ways to expand it's business and enter markets that they’ve never ventured into before, and Sony, who has been declining in the market and needs to revamp it's image.


I had Sony TVs in my house when I was much younger. They were always great quality and had excellent picture. But as time went on and we needed new ones, we went with different brands like Panasonic or Samsung. I still own a PS3 and absolutely love it, and I guess so does Apple.


My personal belief as to why Apple would want to buy Sony is that they don’t want to make some of the same mistakes that Microsoft did. I think that when they created the Xbox, they devoted a lot of their resources to it and took a lot away from their software department. By purchasing Sony, Apple is buying an established company, and can focus more on figuring out ways to combine their resources instead of diluting the current ones.


There is a big race with technology companies to have all the consumer entertainment product be one brand. By merging, Apple can get into the TV and entertainment industry, and combine it with a lot of their current products. Being able to hook your iPod or Mac, to a TV or PS3 without any difficulty could be the necessary steps to ensure both companies success.

No comments:

Post a Comment